Welcome to the Millennial Homemakers! On this episode, we chat with Myquillyn Smith (AKA The Nester) about her newest book - Cozy Minimalist Home: More Style, Less Stuff.
Ready to become a Cozy Minimalist?
For the last ten years, Myquillyn Smith, known online as The Nester, has encouraged women to embrace their homes –imperfections and all. With her signature tagline, it doesn’t have to be perfect to be beautiful, Myquillyn has empowered fans to see their home’s hidden potential and create beautiful, functional spaces they love.
Myquillyn is a self-taught, design school dropout who took a week-long course so she could be a certified home stager and redesigner. She and her family have lived in 13 different houses, apartments and condos and spent plenty of time getting real world design experience. Millions of women have been inspired by Myquillyn’s blog, The Nesting Place and her home has been featured in Better Homes & Gardens, Ladies’ Home Journal, Cottages and Bungalows and the Charlotte Observer. Christianity Today named her one of 20 Creative Innovators of 2016. Her first book, The Nesting Place: It Doesn’t Have to Be Perfect to Be Beautiful, released in 2014.
- What is a cozy minimalist?
- How Myquillyn got interested in home decor
- How hygge and wabi sabi work together
- How to stop being a “Stuff Manager” and start being a “Home Curator”
Cozy Home Tour
- Katy/Houston, TX - October 23
- Austin, TX - October 26
- Grapevine/Dallas, TX - October 27
- Nashville/Brentwood, TX - October 30
- Birmingham, AL - November 1
- Atlanta, GA - November 2 - Barnes & Noble (2952 Cobb Pkwy)
- Greenville, SC - November 3
Join the Millennial Homemakers in Atlanta! Jaclyn and Jackie will be in Atlanta, GA on November 2 for Myquillyn’s Cozy Home Tour.
Connect with Us
- Follow MHM on Instagram - @themillennialhomemakers
- Tag your photos with #millennialhomemakers and #mhm so we can find them!
- Are you a Millennial Homemaker? Make it official! Join us on Facebook!
- Follow Jackie on Instagram - @jvalexander16
- Follow Jaclyn on Instagram - @jaclynhumble
- Shop Jaclyn's Jewelry line - Frazier Lynn
Like what you hear?
If you like the Millennial Homemakers Podcast, please rate and review us on iTunes. It helps us grow!